After Biopsy or Apicoectomy
- If you have received IV sedation, a responsible adult must accompany you from the facility to home, and remain with you until the next morning.
- DIET: Eat soft foods for the first 24 hours. After the first 24 hours you may gradually increase your diet as you feel that you can eat it.
- SWELLING: During the first day you may apply an ice pack to reduce swelling – 20 minutes on 20 minutes off. After the first 24 hours you may use warm compresses or a heating pad to help with swelling or discomfort. Mild swelling and discomfort is normal for up to three days after surgery.
- MEDICATIONS: Take prescribed medication as directed. (Do not take any pain medication on an empty stomach.)
- You may brush your teeth. Be careful near the surgical site.
- You may have dissolvable sutures in place. If these were to come out today, that is Ohttps://www.carolinaofs.com/kay, we would not have to replace them. We do encourage you not to disturb them so that they will help slow bleeding.
- OFFICE CALLS: During regular office hours (8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Thursday and 8 AM to 12 PM on Friday) there will be staff members available to answer problems and questions at Greenville Office Phone Number 864-458-9800 or 864-442-6564.
- If necessary, your phone message and chart will be given to Dr. Williams to address any further questions or concerns. Please be sure to provide a phone number where you can be reached in the evening.
- Prescription refills will only be called in during regular business hours, as your records need to be available for Dr. Williams.
- Dr. Williams will not be able to refill a controlled substance prescription after office hours.
- After hours, or on days the office is closed, Dr. Williams can be paged through our answering service for urgent or emergency calls only. If your call is not returned within 30 minutes, please contact the answering service again. Please remember Dr. Williams may be handling emergencies.
Are You Ready to Enhance Your Smile?
Contact Carolina Oral & Facial Surgery with any questions or to schedule an appointment to reclaim your smile today!
Carolina Oral & Facial Surgery
Patient Review by Alex B
The team and Dr. Williams were welcoming and professional during both consultation and procedure! Wouldn't want to be taken care of by anyone else!
- Alex B